September 8th, 2011 not only marks the beginning of this seasons New York Fashion Week, it also marks one of the most exciting nights in fashion, Fashion’s Night Out.
Vogue and CFDA partnered once again to start the glittering evening in 2009, as a way to encouraged consumers to shop, shop, shop, at a time when the economy was struggling. Since that first history-making evening in New York City, the concept has taken off and has become an international event, with Fashion’s Night Out happening in Australia back to the southern states, and now can even be celebrated through participating stores online.
So for those of you wondering what to see and do on September 8th, 2011 in New York City, this is my go to list.
- Alexander McQueen: Hit up the Meatpacking District and see the NY boutique of fashion the fashion house. Why you ask? Because it’s Alexander McQueen!
- Christian Louboutin: Shoes are a girl’s best friend on September the 8th so why not head over to Christian Louboutin boutique. Louboutin will be celebrating the evening in three locations, Los Angeles, New York, and Dallas. This is a must see, as Louboutin will be debuting special FNO limited edition products: the Daffodile Brodee platform pump, and the Sweety Charity Brodee cross body bag. At designated locations Frederic Fekkai hairstylists will be giving visitors a new do and lash samples from the Louboutin MAKE UP FOR EVER collection. Oh and did I mention cocktails? Enough said.
- Fendi: This is a must for all Fendi lovers and Karl Lagerfeld worshippers. From 6-8pm Fendi will be holding the “Atelier Fendi’ Exhibition. This is the works of Karl himself for the labels Fall Winter 2011 campaign.
- H&M: This store is making it very easy to visit! Not only are they providing transportation (a double decker bus), but for anyone who hits up the trendsetting retailer in NYC will be able to enter to win a trip for 2 back to New York City for the launch of the Versace for H&M collection! A ride and prizes, yes please!
- Harry Winston: Ok, so I know I said before that shoes are a girls best friend, but when Harry Winston is involved, you must come correct! Head to the open house at Harry Winston to have cocktails amongst the frosting.
- Bergdorf Goodman: Ok, so I rarely need any reason to be coaxed to Bergdorf’s but since they are, the King of all luxury retailers is having a non-stop evening of events. From a kickoff event, to celebrating Michael Kors and his 30 years in the industry, and then off to a live performance by Audrianna Cole to bring the night to a close, no matter what time you end up at Bergdorf Goodman’s you will not be disappointed.
- DVF: When it is an event thrown by the Queen of the CFDA, you go! Plus, one of the craziest studio/stores in the meatpacking district!
- De Beers: This is a must, must, must! From 6-9pm De Beers will be having a celebration of Love, Marriage and Equality. This will be an especially fun and exhilarating fete given New York’s most recent law passing same-sex marriage! A photo booth will be set up where all you love birds can show your love! Oh and did I mention Selby Drummond, the Selby Drummond, Accessories Editor will be there co-hosting?
These are literally a fraction of the amazing events going on in just New York City alone! So no matter where you are celebrating, or who you are celebrating with, this is one evening where fashionista’s everywhere will unite! What are you doing for Fashion’s Night Out?
For full list, schedule and locations for Fashion’s Night Out click here!